Sunday, March 31, 2013






Happy Easter everyone!  He is risen!  

My family and I enjoyed a sunrise service with our church this morning.  That is where I snapped this picture :) I love taking pictures...of anything so you might see some silly things from me from time to time.  Here is a Gem the Lord gave me earlier this week, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.  I couldn't stop crying.


God’s love is so amazing. The Lord gave me a sweet vision of his love for me this week. When Jesus died on the cross and he said, “It is finished.” That’s exactly what he meant. Through my faith in Jesus Christ the Father sees me through Jesus. I am in Him. He sees me and says, “This is my daughter in whom I am well pleased.”


Then, the vision of my Gem greeting me when I pick her up from Nana’s house. Arms open wide, huge smile on her face, and then she calls my name as she knows me, “Mommy!” She doesn’t look at me, at least not right now, and see my sin, my pride, my selfishness, she sees her “Mommy” whom she loves and who loves her.  It's the same with the Lord.  

Ya know, the past couple weeks when Gem sees a cross she calls it a heart, and I correct her, because I know she knows it’s a cross, and not a heart, BUT…isn’t that God’s heart? Isn’t the cross our symbol of His heart for us? Putting His only son on it, and raising him from the dead, so he could open his arms wide, smile, and call us by name? 

I hope you see some Gems from God this week.  Now when Gem sees a cross and calls it a heart I don't correct her, I look at her and smile saying, "Yes baby, that is God's heart for us."

  
Peace, Love, and God Bless! 

2 comments:

10 Things About Me

It's hard to think of things that someone might not know if you follow me on Facebook or Instagram.  I tend to be pretty open and sharin...