Thursday, February 20, 2014

Beautiful Breaths


It's a short one :)

Gem has started a habit of coming into our bedroom at night when she wakes up.  The past couple weeks have been almost every night, and Daddy and I are tired.  One because she’s not such a little girl anymore and when she swings her arms and legs LOOK OUT!  Two because she has a little allergy thing going on and has been pretty stuffy at night when she lays down.  So much so that she has resorted to breathing through her mouth sometimes, poor baby.  She’s not quite the freight train Daddy can be when he snores, but she’s definitely a little Thomas the Tank Engine.  The other night my bedroom was a busy railroad station.  My two trains were just chugging along, and one, thankfully the smaller one, was right in my ear at one point.  I actually had to giggle about it with both of them snoring like that.  I almost got my phone out at one point to record them, but then I thought better of it, and NOW I wish I had, LOL!  After some body adjustments with Gem, and a few nudges with my foot to Daddy, they both settled into another position and stopped snoring so I could get back to sleep.  As I drifted off a couple of words entered my mind…Beautiful Breaths.   

 

Psalm 150:6 says “Everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!”  I started to wonder…just us breathing when we sleep, and our bodies getting the rest that they need during the night, does that praise the Lord?  When our minds are rebooting and doing exactly what He created them to do, does that praise the Lord?  Now our minds and how we lead them to think is another story on whether that praises the Lord.  What about when we sneeze or yawn?  Have you ever thought of that?  Does our bodies doing exactly what He created them to do praise Him without us even realizing it?  Being pregnant I also started thinking about a story my hubby tells about when Gem was born.  He actually heard her first breath, her first inhale, and then everyone heard her cry.  How special is that?  How close is God at that moment when a baby is born and He gives us breath?  “The Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.” Job 33:4 ESV.  When baby #2 is born I will be listening for that first beautiful breath this time, and I will praise Him with mine.    

 

Peace, Love, and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10 Things About Me

It's hard to think of things that someone might not know if you follow me on Facebook or Instagram.  I tend to be pretty open and sharin...